On 1-13 August 2017, in the invite associated with Australian Federation of Ukrainian Organisations (AFUO), Ukrainian World Congress (UWC) President Eugene Czolij along with his partner Anna fulfilled their very very first stop by at Australia, during that he visited Melbourne, Perth, Adelaide, Sydney, Canberra, Brisbane and Hobart to provide present Ukrainian dilemmas to Australian governing authorities and strengthen ties because of the local Ukrainian Churches and community.
Eugene Czolij received awareness of the good developments in Ukraine, that is earnestly reforming, modernizing and combatting corruption, while offering great possibilities for financial development.
Throughout the conferences with Australian high-ranking federal government officials that took put on 7 and 9 August 2017 in Canberra, and 1 and 10 August 2017 in Melbourne, the UWC President thanked Australia for supporting Ukraine in countering Russian violence, which will be a worldwide danger, and urged Australia to produce further help to Ukraine in protecting its territorial integrity. The UWC President encouraged the Prime Minister of Australia to consult with Ukraine, and underlined the necessity of an active Australia-Ukraine Parliamentary Group as well as its seat visiting Ukraine. Over these conferences the UWC President ended up being followed closely by UWC Secretary-General and Chairman of AFUO Stefan Romaniw. The Ambassador of Ukraine to Australia Mykola Kulinich additionally participated when you look at the conferences in Canberra.
1 2017, Melbourne august
- Had a gathering using the President regarding the Council that is legislative of Bruce Atkinson while the Speaker for the Legislative installation of Victoria Brooks Colin; and
- Had a meeting with people of the AFUO Board and community leaders in Melbourne arranged by UWC Secretary-General and AFUO Chairman Stefan Romaniw.
2-3August 2017, Perth
- Addressed the Ukrainian community of Perth during a gathering arranged because of the Ukrainian Association of afroromance Western Australia, headed by its President Mykola Mowczan;
- Checked out St. John the Baptist Ukrainian Catholic Church, where he talked about regional Ukrainian religious life with the parish priest, Father Ihor Holovko; and
- Visited St. Nicholas Ukrainian Orthodox Church.
4 2017, Adelaide august
- Possessed a tour that is guided of Museum of Ukrainian Art of this Ukrainian ladies’ Association of Southern Australia, given by its President Irena Boujenko;
- Visited the Ukrainian Community Centre regarding the Association of Ukrainians in South Australia, like the school that is ukrainian a course for the Yevshan children’s dance ensemble; and
- Addressed the community that is ukrainian of during a gathering arranged because of the Association of Ukrainians in South Australia, headed by its President Jaroslaw Fursenko. This system included an assessment associated with the brief documentary movie “50 several years of the Ukrainian World Congress” and performances by neighborhood Ukrainian designers.
- Checked out Kniahynia Olha Ukrainian Central class, where he talked utilizing the pupils;
- Visited the Ukrainian Community Hall regarding the Ukrainian Association of Sydney;
- Visited the parish school that is ukrainian St. Andrew’s Ukrainian Catholic Church, where he talked because of the pupils;
- Met with all the parish priest of St. Andrew’s Ukrainian Catholic Church, Fr. Simon Ckuj, that is additionally the Vicar General associated with the Eparchy of Sts. Peter and Paul of this Ukrainian Catholic Church in Australia;
- Visited the Intercession for the Holy Virgin Ukrainian Orthodox Church, where he came across using the Chairman for the Parish Council Wolodymyr Woytowycz;
- Attended Divine Liturgy at St. Andrew’s Ukrainian Catholic Church;
- Addressed the Ukrainian Youth Association in Sydney during the Ukrainian Youth Centre; and
- Delivered a keynote target throughout a banquet focused on the UWC’s 50 th anniversary arranged because of the Ukrainian Council of the latest Southern Wales, headed by its President Mark Shumsky.
7 August 2017, Canberra
- Had a gathering because of the Ambassador of Ukraine to Australia Mykola Kulinich;
- Had conferences with all the Speaker of this House of Representatives of AustraliaTony Smith; and Senator, Assistant Minister for personal Services and Multicultural Affairs of Australia(on behalf associated with Prime Minister of Australia)Zed Seselja;
- Compensated respect towards the victims associated with Holodomor in the Memorial within their memory;
- Checked out St. Nicholas UkrainianAutocephalous Orthodox Church while the Ukrainian Centre that is orthodox he came across using its Director Fr. Michael Solomko, that is additionally the mind of this Consistory associated with Ukrainian Orthodox Church in Australia and brand brand brand New Zealand; and
- Met with Fr. Wolodymyr Kalinecki of St. John the Baptist Ukrainian Catholic Church.
8 August 2017, Brisbane
- Met with Fr. Stefan Sapun of Our Lady the Protectress Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church;
- Met with Fr. Mykola Serdiuk of St. Nicholas Ukrainian Autocephalous Orthodox Church; and
- Addressed the community that is ukrainian Brisbane during a gathering arranged because of the Ukrainian Community of Queensland, headed by its President Stephan Chomyn.
9 August 2017, Canberra
- Had meetings with person in Parliament, seat associated with Australia-Ukraine Parliamentary Groupand seat for the Foreign Affairs and Aid SubcommitteeChris Crewther; Senator, Vice seat associated with Australia-Ukraine Parliamentary GroupCatryna Bilyk; Chief of Staff, workplace associated with Minister for Foreign Affairs of AustraliaMurray Hansen; and Assistant Secretary for Northern, Southern & Eastern European countries Branch, Department of Foreign Affairs and Tradeof AustraliaKevin Magee; and
- Delivered a general general public lecture in the Centre for European Studies for the Australian National University on the subject “EU attitudes towards previous Warsaw Pact states and previous Soviet republics”.
10 2017, Melbourne august
- Had a gathering aided by the Minister for Multicultural Affairsof Victoria Robin Scott; and
- Talked during the roundtable entitled “The UWC at 50 and past: the Australian context” at the Mykola Zerov Centre for Ukrainian Studies at Monash University.
11 2017, Hobart august
- Addressed the community that is ukrainian Hobart during a gathering arranged by the Association of Ukrainians in Tasmania, headed by its President Maryna Ladaniwskyj.
12-13 2017, Melbourne august
- Checked out the Metropolitan Andrey Sheptytsky Ukrainian parish college, where he talked aided by the pupils;
- Met with all the Eparch for the Greek that is ukrainian Catholic and person in the UWC Board of Directors Bishop Peter Stasiuk;
- Delivered a keynote target regarding the priorities associated with UWC and its particular primary future goals within a gala banquet that is commemorative towards the UWC’s 50 th anniversary plus the 26 th anniversary of Ukraine’s self-reliance arranged by the AFUO while the Association of Ukrainians in Victoria;
- Attended Divine Liturgy at Sts. Peter and Paul’s Cathedral; and
- Visited St. Mary Ukrainian Autocephalous Orthodox Cathedral in Essendon and paid respect towards the victims for the Holodomor in the Memorial inside their memory on the territory of this Cathedral.
UWC Secretary-General and Chairman of AFUO Stefan Romaniw accompanied UWC President Eugene Czolij during their visits to Canberra and Melbourne.
“On behalf for the Ukrainian World Congress I express my appreciation into the Australian Federation of Ukrainian Organizations headed by its Chairman Stefan Romaniw for arranging the trip to Australia, which enabled the presentation of crucial Ukrainian dilemmas to government that is high-ranking and strengthened UWC ties with neighborhood Ukrainian communities” – stated UWC President Eugene Czolij.
S. Romaniw and (first from right) welcomes E. Czolij and his wife A. Czolij (at left) during the banquet in Melbourne. L. Slipetsky at the center